Well it has been a crazy week. We have
been so busy trying to meet the new ward since they combined our area with
another ward and then having lessons and meetings we had no time to study even,
I have been having to read a chapter out of the Book of Mormon as I'm going to
bed for studies.
It is also interesting whitewashing in
behind sisters because everyone says that they will miss the cupcakes and
cookies that frequent their doorstep. I'll admit we aren't as cute as the
sisters, I'll support that. But the Ward is awesome and the Bishop is so
excited to Have Elders in the Ward. The La Mesa 1st and 2nd wards are power
house wards with big youth programs and primary's. Not quite a Utah ward
though.
So we are teaching this old man named Carl
who is working towards a baptismal date we are only waiting for first
presidency approval then he us good to go. I bring him up because he is a super
kind old man that wouldn't hurt a fly but had a little mess up in his 20s that
has haunted him his whole life. And he needs the Atonement just like all of us.
He also is pretty much deaf so teaching him is interesting.
We have been running around a lot today
for P-day and at almost every stop we have had somebody come up to us asking
questions! And one guy (joe) that came up to us was a guy Elder Hampton met
about two weeks ago, when he interrupted their drug deal... so Joe saw us today
walking home from work and started talking to us. We ended up getting his
information and having a really interesting chat about what we do and how we
can help him deepen his conversion to Christ.
Bishop Swalger of the La Mesa 1st ward is
this super missionary focused Bishop! He sets up appointments for us thought the
week to teach lesson at his hi to his friends and he tells us that every time
we are at his home we have to leave him with a commitment and follow up with
him on it....he has a full time job and has 7 kids. If you think you are to
busy to share the Gospel you are wrong.
Had this pointed out to me By Elder
Hampton.
17 But it came to pass that I prayed unto
the Lord, saying: O Lord, according to my faith which is in thee, wilt thou
deliver me from the hands of my brethren; yea, even give me strength that I may burst these bands
with which I am bound.
18
And it came to pass that when I had said these words, behold, the bands were loosed from
off my hands and feet, and I stood before my brethren, and I spake unto
them again.
That sometimes we pray to have our
bonds burst but God doesn't not always answer the way we want or ask...some
times he loosens our bonds instead of making them burst.
Love Elder Palmer

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.