We had another pretty good week. We are finding things to keep us busy. I will admit doing all of our work on the phone is difficult because as we all know when you are one your phone all day you feel like it is sucking the life out of you because it kinda is. We got a referral this week from our Bishop (who is super awesome Bishop Andersen) and we set up a lesson with her (Shawnee) the lesson went well and she was very attentive. The Pandemic is softening hearts!!! We also had a very uplifting lesson with Julie yesterday and we added a Member of the Ward (Sister HW) into the call and she was literally perfect for Julie! they have very similar life experiences. When Sister White began to share part of her testimony the spirit was palpable and Julie was very attentive, asking questions and adding to the lesson. It will be a turning point for Julie! especially since there is a good chance that Elder Powell and I will be gone before we get to meet her in person so to have a friend for her is Perfect!
other than that not too eventful this week, video lessons and whatnot. OH But not sure if anyone actually reads these Emails anymore, Probably not, but we are allowed to call home to friends and members of our homeward to teach lessons and so if any of yall are interested hit me up on Facebook Messenger!!!
Been thinking a lot about the Atonement lately, I was thinking how does Christ Dying really merit anything (not to be sacrilegious, just an honest question) I studied this hard for a few days and then literally one day as I sat down at my desk to write in my journal. Then it hit me and I began to understand a portion of it!!! I was so excited I couldn't sleep that night. This is not what I learned about the Atonement but this is one thing I did Learn. "I do not understand or comprehend the Atonement, and may never fully grasp its all-encompassing magnitude, But I KNOW THAT IT WORKS" I have had a front-row seat for 20 months as I have had the opportunity to mend the broken and strengthen the Feeble knees, I Cannot Deny it.
This is the Lord's Work!
Love Elder Palmer

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.