THE LAST WEEK begins...
Well honestly feels like another week in the field on what will forever be hallowed ground. It has come to the point that when people ask where I hesitate wanting to say " San Diego '' but... don't think 21 months qualifies me.
This week was so nice we got to go and do Service at Camp Wildwood! (a church camp) and it was so much fun! We literally picked big old rocks then tossed them into a front end loader for 2 hours. It was so refreshing. Some parks and trails are opening up again so we got to go a short hike until we got a tad lost but the trail and terrain are not hard to navigate so we found our way eventually.
I also had so super insightful personal studies this week and I hope that I am able to do them justice
for one there was a Worldwide young single adult Conference with Elder Gay of the Seventy. It was so good I listened to it 3 times in less than 24 hours.
He shared many experiences but the one that struck me the most and I imagine him was... as he sat in the office of an Apostle being called to be a mission president, he and his wife looked at each other than politely declined the call they were to "BUSY".
The Apostle then looked at Elder Gay and said " Brother Gay you really do not get it, you can either live a Covenant Life or a Convenient Life"
I was struck with the power of that phrase! You cannot live Both. you can not make Covenants before God Angles and Witnesses then pick and decide which ones you will live or even when you will live them. For many of us sorry that ship has sailed. This brings to mind to me a quote from Elder Pearson of the seventy but I now echo them as my own. "I lived my life preparing to make Covenants in the Temple of God when I turned 18, and over the last 21 months I have shaped my life around those covenants and I will continue to do so" To be frank "hanging in there is not a principle of the Gospel, We Must Endure to the End" Average is the enemy of excellence and there is no room for lukewarm or average discipleship in the kingdom of God."
WE Each only truly have one Unique thing to place on God's Altar, that is the submission of our own will.
Choose you this day what you will live a Covenant life or a Convenient Life.
Love Elder Palmer
P.S I will write next week on my way home since I will have nothing to do all day.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.