Not 5 mins later we were walking up to a less active home to meet a man (let's say by the name Larry) he was in his yard working on his garage and we started talking to him, and I could tell he did not like us, he then suddenly stopped turned and said " you know what!" The rest is history as the cloud we were on disappeared and I had the saddest encounter of my mission so far.
As we rounded the corner we both just started saying scriptures and other inspirational thoughts to each other because we both wanted that spiritual high again. And we got there, as we met another man who according to Elder Maughan said we had THE most peaceful bible bash that anyone had ever experienced. as we bore testimony of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ I felt the spirit testify to me that this is why you do it. Why I wake up every morning study prepare to then get rejected, scorned and mocked all because I wear a name tag. But I do it because people need the Restored gospel of Jesus Christ to bare them up in this crazy world that we live in today.(we also set a return appointment up with him to)
I want you all to know that I know that the Book of Mormon is true. It talks and testifies of the plan of salvation. This knowledge has seriously helped me in the passing of Grandpa Keith. When I first found out he was in the hospital I was quite disheartened but as I picked up the Book of Mormon and began to read my mind was calmed. It was yet another testament of the spiritual power of the Book of Mormon. I am grateful for the opportunity to have been a grandson of one of the most kind loving men that I know. He always made others laugh and was able to brighten anyone's day. He is the definition of a disciple of Christ as he lived what he believed and would willingly give what God had blessed him with. And I believe this is what grandpa is saying now Moroni 10:34
Love Elder Palmer


No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.