Tuesday, September 11, 2018

I have God on my side so what is there to fear?

Wow three weeks goes by so fast. I feel like I am starting to get more comfortable with the missionary work here. Because we visit a lot of members and me being new they always want to hear a spiritual thought from me. So I picked a few up to share whenever I am asked.

Like I said a few weeks ago I'm in a wealthy area which means that there is hardly any people walking the streets. Except the few that walk there palmeranian dogs. But what I'm trying to say is that we will walk around the neighborhoods all day and see 4 people no joke. But when we do run into somebody we always jump at the opportunity. 

This week we had the opportunity to do some service for the Food bank. Which was fun for the first 15 mins because we were in a massive assembly line packing boxes. And I had to lift a bottle of grape juice into every box. Which isn't bad but after 2 1/2 hours and 1200 boxes later your hand starts to cramp. But it was fun we talked to a few people there. Service is the best way to get to meet people  


Like a week ago we were helping set up a baby shower and we met a man named Tim, we literally talked for 1 1/2 hours about farming because he was so fascinated that I grew up on a farm. Then later I slid in some gospel truths about families since he just had a kid. He then invited us over sometime! But the best part was I didn't help at the shower at all I just talked.

Also one of the pros/ cons (depends on how you look at it) of this area is that the members feed us soooooooo much. Everyday of the week we have a full course meal with desert. All the Elders that serve up in this area that I have talked to, look at me with their glazed eyes like they have seen something like they have been through something. (Kinda like a war veteran does when they talk about how ugly a war was) and they say "I tacked on 30 pounds in 3 months and I still haven't lost it" 
So hopefully my metabolism stays high...


I love this area we are working with a few people that are getting back from summer vacations and I love going to bed at night because I can look back over my day and see how God was guiding us every step, and at the end of the I feel so strong and ready to take on the next day, because I know I have God on my side so what is there to fear? 


Love Elder Palmer


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.