This week we had the opportunity to go to one of the little podunk towns in our area "jacumba" where we met up with some spanish Elders so that we could split up and track out the whole town. Well the town was a little bigger than we though so we didn't get through it all but we did find some people that have some potential. A lot of flat earthers to and just about every other conspiracy theorist to.
The people there were generally pretty nice because they don't get very many visitors knocking on their door so they are asking us the question which makes for good conversation.
While we were out there Elder Martin and I were talking to to this spanish lady that was telling us about the town and it history. (Maybe there will be more info on wiki) but basically in the 60s and 70s it was a pop in town that all the hippies and druggies partied at the woman compared it to Sodom and Gomorra. Anyways it was a blast tracking there was so much fun there was always another crazy story behind every door.
I also had the opportunity to conduct a baptism interview for a man preparing to be baptized his name is Martin and the sawhill Elders had been working with him. So when I show up to the apartment we realize that Martin spoke zero english.
He had only been in the states for 4 months. It was a super interesting experience as I interviewed him one of the swahili Elder Tshibindi translated our conversation. It was a really amazing opportunity and I am so grateful that I
had the opportunity to experience that.
Lately something both Elder Gull and I have been thinking about is how we can never be comfortable with were we are at in our spiritual/eternal progression.
The moment we settle for average is the moment that the adversary has, in a very real sense, placed us under bondage.
Elder Pearson sums this up perfectly
"In the kingdom of God, there is a standard of excellence for exaltation. It requires valiant discipleship! There is no room for average or complacent disciples. Average is the enemy of excellence, and average commitment will prevent you from enduring to the end."
Never be satisfied with you faith.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.