We went on exchanges with the Arabic2 Elders, they are pretty awesome Elders. I Had the opportunity to go to the Arabic Area with Elder Al. For most the day I had no idea what was going on, yet it was still super enjoyable and I learned how to say Jehovah witness in Arabic because that is who the Arab people think we are no matter how much to tell them you are not.
Also right as we parted ways after we Exchanged Elder Al and I got a call from some Elder in our district that had just sliced his thumb wide open and need to go to the hospital asap. So we raced to pick them up and took them to the hospital at 9:30. After about 15 mins of sitting In the ER the Elder walks out with a bandaid... turns out it was a glorified paper cut that cost $1500
Poor Elder the mission will never let it down.
We had stake conference this week in the El Cajon stake. And all the missionaries in the stake found out that we were singing with the stake primary choir.... the day before the conference it was a very unique experience singing "I am a child of God" and "a child's prayer" with the primary.
Also I talked to Elder Smith last week and he told me that he can't walk for 12 weeks... so probably is going to be out of the mission for longer than two transfers.
I have been thinking about Jacob 6:4 for the last few days
6 Wherefore, we search the prophets, and we have many revelations and the spirit of prophecy; and having all these witnesses we obtain a hope, and our faith becometh unshaken, insomuch that we truly can command in the name of Jesus and the very trees obey us, or the mountains, or the waves of the sea.
What a blessing that we have modern prophets that lead and give counsel to us specifically for our day. And the promise in this scripture is what is so powerful, as we search the prophets and have this revelations (spirit baring witness) our faith becomes the un shaken.
In world with so much turmoil and commotion I often wonder if my faith is sufficient? And how can I make it unshaken... well this scripture was my answer and I hope it is an answer to you.
Love Elder Palmer
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.