I forgot to hit send...
Another week that I don't really remember a lot of mostly because we have been very very blessed with lessons and appointments being kept very busy!
The Patane family is doing awesome. We had a really good lesson with them last Thursday on the plan of salvation.
And one of the daughters when we were talking about baptisms for the dead...thought that we baptized their bodies literally. Which posed the question..."so how do you baptize people's ashes?" Guess we didn't explain that one sufficiently but we did get it figured out finally Haha. The best part was when Lorenzo (the father, member)
Started teaching his family points of the plan of salvation and breaking it down to their understanding. The spirit was unmistakable as their father spoke of the greatest Plan, the Plan of Everlasting Happiness.
We also had a girl come up to us at church that had been previously taught by missionaries say that she was wanting to have the lessons again! her name is Coral she is 16 years old and she has been attending early morning seminary!!! Even has higher attendance than most the youth in the stake...that is actually true believe it or not.
Even though this week has been busy has given me a lot of time to think. Especially about the last 13 months or so of my mission. And if there is one thing I have learned on my mission it is that God IS IN THE DETAILS, and each transfer, companion, and Day has and is shaping me into the Disciple of Jesus Christ that I am to become. I haven't scratched the surface of the man I'm am to be. I have been so so blessed I meet all these people that are going through these complex real-life problems like having a disease that causes kidney, heart, lung, and liver Failure, families torn apart by addiction and the lusts of the natural man, and finally the most widespread and heartbreaking... people who have spiritually died, they have no hope, they are beyond feeling, their lives are full of anger, pain and misery and can only be covered by temporal pleasures, they think they are happy (2 Nephi 27:11) As a 19-year-old boy I cannot solve any of that... but the most simple thing can. "Believing Christ" believing that when Christ says "come unto me all ye heavy laden and I will give you rest" that when you Do come he will give you rest. And "he will Wipe away every tear" Isaiah 25:8
Love Elder Palmer
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.