Transfers!!! So the streak continues a new companion again...officially number ten and I have a year to go. It keeps things interesting but it is kinda difficult because I have to get to know a new person and learn how they act and teach so right when we starting getting into a grove... they get transferred.
My new companion is Elder Chelius he has been out for just over 6 months believe and is from Washington. Obviously, I know little to nothing about this guy but I do know he is very obedient which will be super nice!
I will say this if my dating game is as bad as my companion game when I get home I'm done for 😂
The Patane family is so awesome they still don't have a specific day they want to work towards but Salvation (momma patane) said that they are all 100% in and though they don't have a day they will. We might be meeting with them tonight again.
Jodie was Baptized this last Saturday and God has a way of making things go so smooth. Baptisms are very stressful (at least in my experience) I have only ever had stuff go wrong like the drain unplugged during the program the water is freezing, the person being baptized is there but nobody else shows up until 10 mins after we were supposed to start, the programs aren't printing 5mins before it starts...etc.
But Jodie's went flawless. Not one thing could have gone better, you could tell by the huge smile on her face when she came up out if the water and tears of true Joy. The Spirit burned very brightly at her baptism. And she chooses to be baptized even though her family is very against the church ...and she was once against the church to.
Have been asked a lot lately by people about why this life is so hard well after I was coinciding with another missionary about it he shared this scripture which really struck my
Helaman 12:1-3 (specifically 3)
"And thus we see that except the Lord doth chasten his people with many afflictions, years with death and with terror, and with famine and with all manner of pestilence, they will not remember him."
If life was a breezy and we didn't have to make hard choices or struggle... then nothing would bring us to our knees and we would forget God. But he loves us enough to chasten us to let us learn for ourselves, good and evil.
Love Elder Palmer



No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.